Guidelines for submitting originals
- Any articles and notes submitted for publication by Investigaciones Regionales – Journal of Regional Research must be originals, neither previously published nor accepted for publication.
- All works received will be subject to at least two anonymous external evaluations. Following the reports issued by the evaluators, the Editorial Board will decide on their publication in the journal.
- The total length of the papers (notes) submitted will not exceed about 8,000 (2.500) words approximately. This includes tables, figures, bibliographical references, appendixes, etc. The text will be double spaced. The scientific and methodological notes should not exceed about 2,500 words and must be typed with double spacing, Times New Roman 12. Also, the file name must be short.
- All works will be preceded by a first page containing the title and abstract (in Spanish and English) (100 words, approximately); keywords (maximum five), JEL classification (two digits) To maintain confidentiality in the review process such document cannot have neither the name of the author (s), nor the affiliation or address.
- The article will be sent through the portal Open Journal System (OJS) of the Spanish Repository of Science and Technology (RECYT): https://recyt.fecyt.es/index.php/IR/login. The following link shows the procedure to register the system, as well as to send an article.
- All tables, figures, maps, etc. will be correlatively numbered (table 1, table 2, figure 1…) and they will be accompanied by a sufficiently explanatory title and their respective sources. They will be inserted within the text and sent in different files. Their quality must be sufficient for reproduction (JPG format and a minimum resolution up to 300 DPI). Please supply editable files. Further details may be requested upon acceptance.
- Bibliographical references will be included at the end of the paper under the title Bibliographical references, sorted by authors, according to the APA style (https://apastyle.apa.org/instructional-aids/reference-guide.pdf , more examples https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/paper-format/professional-annotated.pdf)
- If necessary, footnotes will be used correlatively numbered and set in superscript. Their content will be single spaced.
- Equations will be numbered and integrated into the text using the equation editor.
- We aim at keeping the lapse between the reception and the publication of the articles to minimum standards, although every article might observe different lapses. The current rejection rate rounds 70%. An average paper with two rounds of revisions waits between 9 and 18 months to see the final version published.
- In order to optimize the blibiometric management of the articles, in the registration process, new authors will be required to provide their ORCID individual identification code (https://orcid.org/).
When accepting the publication in Investigaciones Regionales / Journal of Regional Research, the authors accept using the Creative Commons license CC BY-NC. IIRR/JRR is a open journal allowing to authors to retain the maximum control over their work. Authors who publish in IIRR/JRR will release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license. This license allows anyone to copy and distribute the article for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given to the jhournal and the authors.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
For all parties involved in the act of publishing it is necessary to agree upon fundamental aims and principles and upon standards of expected ethical behavior. The ethics statements for JRR/IIRR are based on the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and the COPE Code of Conduct (www.publicationethics.org).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Journal Secretary’s office
Submission of originals to:
Investigaciones Regionales– Journal Regional of Research
Secretaría del Consejo de Redacción
Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Empresariales y Turismo
Plaza de la Victoria, 2
28802 Alcalá de Henares Madrid
Tel.: +34 91 885 4209
Web Site: www.investigacionesregionales.org